• Super Mario World + Celeste = Celeste.smc

• Diskussioner om allt som rör SNES.
Diskussioner om allt som rör SNES.

Moderator: Moderatorer

#875921  by Lirod

https://youtu.be/xsfi1rms6oU
This has been a project in the works over the past three years. This is my way of saying thank you to the Celeste team for making such an incredible game that changed my life for the better.
The hack is not meant to be a 1:1 recreation of Celeste, but more of a blend between it and Super Mario World. It combines standard kaizo mechanics with physics and design philosophies from Celeste, while still feeling like a Mario hack. Heavy inspiration is obviously taken from Celeste, though a lot of the hack includes my own design style which I found best combined the mechanics from the two games.
Easily over 1,000 hours went into the development of this hack. Between writing over 22,000 lines of assembly code myself, ripping and converting a bunch of the graphics, all the bug fixing and playtesting of code to make sure everything felt fluid, and of course all the level design, an unbelievable amount of effort was put into this. While there may only be nine exits (one for each chapter in Celeste), there are a combined total of over 120 checkpoints, with most including extra collectibles and secrets (notably in the form of strawberries, which even save to the console!)
I sincerely hope you enjoyed the trailer and hope you end up playing this when it comes out! This has been a massive undertaking and I hope you have as much fun playing this as I did making this.

Music: Center of the Earth Mix, SNES Rendition by Wyatt Croucher (composed by Jukio Kallio)
 #875959  by mackan

Ja, kanske, tyckte dock att celeste inte riktigt levde upp till hypen, inte ens spelat igenom det, tröttnade ganska snabbt :p. Kanske skulle ge detta en chans dock, o gå på celeste efter det ;p
 #875961  by Mulla Sadra

Celeste är ett spel som måste bemästras för dess fullkomliga skönhet att uppenbaras.

EDIT, Visst borde detta gå att lägga in på en SNES-Classic?
 #875962  by mackan

Som jag minns det tyckte jag att kontrollerna var tighta, lagom ”svårt”, var nog mest att jag inte tyckte det var särkilt roligt att spela :p

Det borde nog inte vara nåt problem att lägga in på en snes mini
 #875965  by Lirod

Jag älskade verkligen Celeste, tycker att det är ett briljant spel. Tyvärr kom jag ur spelet när jag började med "C-sidorna" och nu är det svårt att komma in i det igen.
 #875972  by Mulla Sadra

Kör DLCt Lirod! Det är den mest magiska banan i hela spelet - och du kommer komma in i det igen bara du ger det lite tid. Jag har också varit on/off med Celeste, men det går snabbare än man tror. Fan nu blev jag sugen på att ge mig på det hemliga slutet på DLCt också. Det kändes faktiskt helt övermäktigt efter att ha klarat det "vanliga slutet". Kolla YouTube 😵

Edit. Mitt minne svek mig. Det hemliga slutet kommer bara när man har tagit sig till slutet med the golden strawberry - något som är total omöjlighet om man inte tillägnar Celeste 40 timmar per vecka typ . Det va nog därför jag, när det begav sig, inte ens ägnade en tanke på att åstadkomma detta. Att klara chapter 9 (Farewell) utan att dö är fucking näst intill omänskligt.

Instagram #sndb.se